Dear AAJA photographers, photo students, photo editors,
1. Early registration for the national convention ends on Friday, April 16. After that date, registration will go up between $10 to $75. See chart below.
2. We’re hoping to get a big photo group together for a free dinner cruise on Thursday during the convention. See details below.
3. Please let me know if you are planning to come to the AAJA convention. There are several plans catered just for the AAJA photo community during the convention.
- Multimedia Workshop
- Photo Silent Auction
- Japanese American Museum tour with Stan Honda
- Japanese lunch – off site
- Dim Sum lunch – off site
- Vancouver Olympics photography
- Haiti Earthquake
THURSDAY, AUGUST 5 | STAY TUNED FOR DETAILS
Going to the Los Angeles convention? The Port of Long Beach, one of the busiest and most scenic seaports in the world, would like to welcome AAJA Convention attendees with a complimentary cruise of the Long Beach Harbor and dinner. The two-hour tour will offer a unique glimpse into global trade and the port that handles nearly a quarter of all containers moving through West Coast ports. Enjoy the beautiful Long Beach skyline, see the historic Queen Mary and soak in the Southern California summer. Transportation will be provided from and to the convention hotel. The Port of Long Beach is generously donating this cruise but we hope that you will consider a suggested donation of $20 per person which will go towards AAJA-Los Angeles scholarships and programs. The cruise is only available to the first 100 people who RSVP by July 16. All others will be put on a waiting list and will be notified if there are cancellations.
- RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: “AAJA/Long Beach Cruise”
- Make checks payable to: “AAJA” with memo: “Long Beach Cruise”
- Mail to: Daniel Yi, Port of Long Beach, 925 Harbor Plaza,Long Beach, CA 90802
- Donations will be returned in the event of a cancellation.