Dear AAJA photojournalists,
Still about 20 prints short for the AAJA Silent Photo Auction in Los Angeles in August. 100 per cent of proceeds go to photo scholarships.
We have collected about 50 prints and need 20 more for the 70 photo frames that were donated.
Please send your print(s) to in hand by Wednesday, July 21.
ATTN: Corky Lee
1300 Metropolitan Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11237
After July 21, please mail to:
Los Angeles Times picture editor
6038 Encinita Ave.
Temple City, CA 91780
Every year about $5,000 to $8,000 is raised every year from these Silent Photo Auctions that go directly into the pockets of future student photojournalists.
Printing & Mailing Instruction:
1. Actual image size must be exactly 10.5 x 13.5 inches. Anything larger than this dimension will need to be cut to fit the frame size. Selected prints will be matted in 16” x 20” frame.
2. Please sign your autograph on the lower right corner of image with a silver metallic pen in dark areas and a black pen in lighter areas.
3. Include basic caption information of when and where you took the photo and description of photo on separate paper.
4. Enclose your name, affiliation, address, phone number and email address.
5. Do not send CD or email photo.
6. When mailing and packaging, corrugated cardboards are suggested to keep print(s) from bending. Large mailing tube don’t seem to work that well. Smaller mailing tubes work out best.
Print sold for personal use only. No reproduction rights are granted or should be assumed.
New York freelance photographer, Corky Lee will be our curator for the auction and photo exhibit. For questions, you can contact Corky at: email@example.com
Thank you for helping out future Asian American photojournalists.