Dear AAJA Photojournalists,
This is the desperate call for your donation of an auction photo(s). Corky Lee needs your donation by the end of June. 100 per cent of the money from auction go directly into the pocket of AAJA photo scholarships. Your donation is also tax deductible.
DEADLINE JUNE 30
When selecting your print please consider what someone would purchase. Generally celebrity great feature, sports photos sell well.
Need one or two 11″ x 14″ prints to make this happen. The AAJA Silent Photo Auction is during the Unity convention in August in Las Vegas. Coming or not, you can donate.
Mailing & Print Instructions:
1. Print (IMAGE) must be exactly 10.5 x 13.5 inches. Anything larger than this dimension will need to be cut to fit the frame size. Selected prints will be matted in 16” x 20” frame.
2. Please sign your autograph on the lower right corner of image with a silver metallic pen in dark areas and a black pen in lighter areas. The signature should be 1/2 inch above bottom of print and 1/2″ from right side of the print.
3. Include basic caption information of when and where you took the photo and description of photo on separate paper.
4. Enclose your name, affiliation, address, phone number and email address.
5. Do not send CD or email photo.
6. When mailing and packaging, corrugated card boards are suggested to keep print(s) from bending. Last year some photographers mailed in tubes available at the post office, additional packing materials are available.
Please send your print(s) to:
92-31 57th Ave. #4M
Elmhurst, NY 11373
Print sold for personal use only. No reproduction rights are granted or should be assumed. AAJA will email you the final selling price after the auction for your tax purposes upon request.
New York freelance photographer Corky Lee will be curator for the auction and photo exhibit.
Thanks for your continuous help and support in our future Asian American photojournalists scholarship program. Your donation is greatly appreciated!
Deadline: June 30.
AAJA Auction Photo Curator