Dear photo conventioneers,
I hope you enjoyed Miami as much as I did.
If you have photos you think AAJA national office could use for future use, please mail on CD to:
AAJA – Janice Lee
1182 Market Street, Suite 320
San Francisco, CA 94102
If you plan to come to Unity, please send me workshop ideas before Aug. 29. Here are some ideas we have submitted:
1. Multimedia for photographers. This is an all-day session.
2. Sports photography
3. Student critiques: put students on the hot seat as they show their work to top photo editors who are looking for talent.
4. PhotoShootOut. Photographers compete for top prizes such as digital cameras for a live photo contest. Photographers will have from Wednesday thru Friday to come up with images. Think of theme?
5. Freelance photography. Top photojournalism freelancers talk about their work from getting the assignments to shooting through the business aspects.
6. Student Newspaper Project. Photo editors to work on student newspaper project. College students to work on multimedia newspaper. Professional photographers to work as
mentor with college students during the project.
7. Election photography. Stan Honda moderator. Since this is election year. The democratic and republican conventions is in the following months. Top election photographers can talk about their travels. Show their work. Eric Draper and Christoper Morris
8. Overseas & “photo projects in your backyard – community journalism”
9. lighting and remote sessions
10. Ethics ethics in multimedia.
11. Photo outing for Chicago Pizza
12. Photo cruise on Lake Michigan